Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas...

Why am I sitting downstairs by myself looking at my lit tree and listening to Elvis Presley sing all his Christmas songs with his voice that can make you melt...or cry...one or the other.Heck,it's not even Christmas yet and I'm already getting sappy and upset anticipating Luke not being here.I talked to him tonight and he's still not even sure when he'll be coming home.His work schedule goes one week on,one week off...apparently not for this rig.He's out close to Houston right now and has been since Monday morning and he asked some of the guys that have been there before him and they are going on 11 straight days so far...
He said if he had to,he would come home and just travel the distance but that would mean he would have to turn right back around and leave the next morning...probably like 3am to go right back to work the next day.

One of my friends tonight said it sounds like he's back in the military...funny though because we spent most of our 7yrs in the Air Force without any deployments.One 6mo deployment before children.Makes me wonder if I would have been really cut out to be a military wife :/
We spent Thanksgiving apart...and this would be our first Christmas away from each other.
Hopefully I won't have to be listening to a Blue Christmas in 2wks...

3 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I'm so sorry. I really hope he's able to get home for Christmas and not just a quick turn around trip either. Hang in there!

Sharon said...

Big hugs, Alison. I hope he's back home with you and the boys in no time!

Heather said...

I hope he's able to make it home!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com